How to Embrace the ZEN of Masterful Coaching
Fran Fisher, MCC
The simple secret is: masterful coaching has more to do with who you are being than what you are doing.
“The best way to do is to be.” – Lao Tsu
Guiding Principles for Highly Masterful Coaching
- Being leads doing.
- Learning is central.
- Deep caring is the key context.
- Transformation is the purpose.
- Empowering feedback is essential.
- Deep listening is the key competency.
Highly Masterful Coaches are BEING:
- Confident exploring the unknown, taking risks, and calling forth the client‘s greatness.
- Spontaneous in the present moment with the client, and to the whole of who the client is being – a completely connected observer.
- Focused on eliciting the client’s learning and finding a more powerful sense of self.
- Trusting at the level of unconscious competence.
- Willing to be transparent, authentic, and vulnerable.
Inquiries to ponder:
- Who am I being that calls forth my client’s greatness?
- Who am I being that elicits trust and intimacy?
- Who am I being that challenges my client’s personal/professional growth edges?
If you liked this post., you may like ...:
As an ICF Assessor, I observe coaching conversations by applicants applying for ...
Imagine a world where these are guiding principles, not just for coaches, but fo...
Often when clients say, "I don't know," what they really mean is that it's uncom...