Coaching Skills for Mentors
This course is for those who want to:
- Develop and support successful, high performing, highly satisfied employees who are clear about their career path development process.
- Help employees design their own futures, and provide a supportive environment that opens and improves communication, delegation skills and accountability.
- Include elements of continuing education, career planning, and professional development in the company culture.
- Provide coaching skills training that will augment the ability of leader/mentors to effectively support employees.
Benefits — when a Mentoring Program is working well the following can be expected:
- Staff communications are excellent and their career and questions are answered
- Staff interests and aspirations will be known
- People will be positioned to have their performance effectively evaluated
- Staff needs are being assessed
- Staff development is being managed
- Staff and staffing problems are being solved
- Staff needs and organizations needs are linked
This highly experiential workshop will include:
- Customized course materials
- Clarification of distinctions of coaching
- Terminology, tools and technology of effective coaching
- Opportunities to explore natural coaching strengths and to identify skills to be further developed
- Practical application of the guiding principles of coaching
- Demonstration of coaching skills by the facilitator
- Coaching exercises and constructive feedback for the participants
How it works:
- The course will be custom designed for your organization
- Three in-person half day workshops for the mentors spaced approximately one month apart. On site or off site.
- One 2-hour Introduction to Coaching Skills for all staff members/mentees. The objective of this session will be to introduce the coaching/mentoring concepts and create the foundation for success, in which the mentors and mentees are working together in alignment and on purpose.
- Follow up monthly or quarterly individual or group coaching available